Lemony Grilled Chicken & Kale Salad
Super charge your grilled chicken breast with the power of kale! This chicken recipe is a summertime favourite and a nutritious powerhouse.
- 3 Fresh From The Farm Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 bunch kale, coarsely chopped, ribs and stems removed
- 3/4 cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
1Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag.
2Marinade: combine 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 4 teaspoons each of mustard, garlic, rosemary, 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and toss with chicken in bag. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator, massaging occasionally.
3Meanwhile, place salad ingredients in a large bowl.
4Dressing: combine remaining lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper with honey; toss with kale and let stand in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to soften.
5Remove chicken breasts from marinade and grill over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes, turning once, or until cooked; let stand a few minutes before slicing.
6Serve sliced chicken with salad.
To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 82° C for a whole chicken and 74° C for ground poultry, chicken pieces & cuts.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.