- 8 slices Natural from The Farm Oven Roasted Cooked Chicken Breast Deli
- 4 slices of Maple Lodge Farms Original Chicken Bacon Style (chopped)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) milk
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 4 tsp (20 mL) prepared garlic butter
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (10 inch/25 cm)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
1Heat skillet over medium heat; cook bacon for 4 to 6 minutes or until crispy. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour into skillet. Stir in black beans and green onions. Cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 8 minutes or until eggs are set and soft curds have formed. Sprinkle with lime juice.
2Spread garlic butter evenly down along center of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) border at top and bottom. Top with chicken slices, scrambled egg mixture, salsa and cheese. Fold up bottom of tortilla over filling, then fold in sides and roll up tightly starting from bottom. Brush with oil.
3Heat large heavy skillet or grill pan over medium heat. In two batches, cook burritos, pressing down with weight (such as large metal spatula or lid smaller than pan), for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and toasted.
To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 82° C for a whole chicken and 74° C for ground poultry, chicken pieces & cuts.
– Alternatively, grill burritos in panini press.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.