- 2 Fresh From The Farm Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces brick-style plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 pre-rolled frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed (each about 10-inches) square
1Remove chicken from fridge; let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Season with half of the salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook chicken for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to plate; set aside.
2Melt butter in same skillet set over medium heat; cook mushrooms, onion, thyme, garlic and remaining salt and pepper for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and softened. Return chicken to pan and toss with mushroom mixture. Transfer mixture to plate; let cool completely.
3Preheat oven to 425°F. Using electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and mustard until smooth; stir in Parmesan and chives.
4Place puff pastry on lightly floured work surface. Cut each sheet into four squares; brush edges with egg wash. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture in centre of each square. Top with mushroom and chicken mixture. Bring corners of pastry to centre and pinch together. Brush with remaining egg wash.
5Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 82° C for a whole chicken and 74° C for ground poultry, chicken pieces & cuts.
– Assemble bundles on parchment paper–lined baking tray that will be used in oven if desired.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.